Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design






The recent project my G.T. class was working on was a chase game in scratch. At first coding was hard for me, then it got easier. Making a scratch game was even harder, but I managed to make a pretty good game. I looked at Mr. Sanderl's scratch game, his codes helped me a bit. User experience influenced my game because I haven't done this type of thing before.Each game is different, there are different lines of code.

User experience influenced my game because it helped me know what game kinds of backgrounds or characters people want to see. It helped me program my game. Another way it helped was by seeing if my game was good enough for an audience. User experience influences my game because I don't want people thinking that my game is not good enough and incomplete. I want them to think that my game is good and I want them to have to good time when they play my game.
At first none of my games functioned well. So I decided to look up some lines of code. For my chase game I only had one backdrop and my platformer game I had a few backdrops. It was harder to code my platformer game but it was a long time o make my chase game. For my chase game my sprite was being chased on flat a backdrop and my platformer was jumping on or over platforms which made it look more 3D.
Each game is different, there are different lines of code. My best line of code was in my chase game. I chose this code because without this code my sprite wouldn't be able to move smoothly. It was hard to find what was x and y, but I managed to find the two. The bug fix that was hard to fix was that my timer wouldn't stop. I put "stop all" but it still didn't stop my timer from going overtime. I looked at Mr. Sanderl's chase game and looked at how he stopped his game. I tried what he did but it still didn't work, so thats what I'm still working on.

10 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job making the artificial intelligence for your two chasers

    Maybe you could make your chasers faster by adding a step or three, I also wish I could win the game and lastly if you stay still the chasers start to bug try adding an if touching sprite 1 then change score by 2 then add wait maybe 0.3 seconds

    I think you did a fantastic job just a few fixes here and there though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the way the character i was playing for didn't climb walls, or go upside-down
    Something i would do is make it so the game ends when the time goes out, instead of going into negetive time
    But I also really liked the way that you coded so there are no bugs, overall nice job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the way your sprites moved smoothly and didn't jump around or go upside down. I think, to make this game even more spectacular, you could notify the people when the game ends. for example, like put "YOU WIN" or "YOU LOOSE", instead of the game just stopping. Over all, I think my favorite thing about it was how the cat said "Two is better than one!" Very clever! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Akasha on both of your games! (I didn't have a chance to critique your chase game so I'll do that now and you platform one.)
    I really like how on your chase game that the cat chasing the nano moves slow and the starfish thingy moves faster, it's really great that you have 2 different chasers going a different speeds!
    I love how on your plat form game when I make the ball jump up when I'm not on a platform it moves pretty smooth and it falls back down.
    One thing I think that could be improved with you chase game is maybe have a theme like a cat and mouse or a shark and a fish.
    For your platform game there are some glitchieness or bugs in it that I'm sure you could probably tell. Theres no really goal in the game like collecting something or if you get too the top nothing really happens in your game.
    Your games are both great and I really like how your chase game the cat has some very clever speech bubbles, and in your platform game the colors are eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your platform game is simple and creative, but I didn't really understand what to do. Overall great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Akasha, I loved the way your ball moves smoothly throughout your game.
    I think you should check out this link http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Jumping#Simple_jumping to help you with your jumping strategies. You should also look up some videos of platformer games just to give you some ideas.
    I really think your project is going to come together, I know you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your platforms are pretty cool looking. However, I have no idea how to win or play. Maybe look up games on scratch or look at Mr. Sander's games to get ideas. However great beginning

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the way your sprites moved it was really smooth. I think you could make the game end when the time runs out. I liked that there wasn't bugs and it all moved well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ball moved very smoothly throughout the game. I would maybe put in a way to win or score points and have the timer start at 0. I liked how the bar popped up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ball moved very smoothly throughout the game. I would maybe put in a way to win or score points and have the timer start at 0. I liked how the bar popped up!

    ReplyDelete