Monday, April 10, 2017

Movie Trailer Premier

P2T4_EscapeFromHim from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.

The next project my GT class is currently working on a movie trailer. My partners for this project is Mele Tokuda, AJ Galiza, and Malie Osakoda. Our trailer is based on every typical kidnapped movie, except we changed it into our own trailer by adding a different story behind it. Our project is about a popular girl who gets kidnapped after a weird boy with a kidnapper uncle stalks her, when the boys plan goes wrong they end up kidnapping more that one girl. I contributed to the plan by pitching the idea and helped with writing the synopsis. Andrew and I are currently working on the scenes and shots. I will also be contributing by being a part of the trailer as an actor.

Our biggest challenge so far was probably finding time to film because we each have different schedules and one of our teammates won't be here for filming. Another challenge we faced so far was trying to make or scenes fit our VA script that we didn't already use in the beginning. Other challenges we faced were that some of my group members didn't do their assigned work. Another one of our challenges was that when we tried to film it started raining and we couldn't get any film done. Our biggest success was making a soundtrack for our trailer. We also did pretty good on our movie poster and how we edited it. Another one of our successes was placing our foley and audio in FCP.

I think we got these results on our critique because we didn't meet the critique requirements. We didn't really have all of our audio and foley, but I think we would have gotten a better grade if we had better audio. I think if we added more scenes and had more audio we would have gotten a better grade. We didn't really meet for our project and on the last day we had to edit we started editing all of our clips. So basically we didn't meet all the requirements because we didn't commit to meeting and editing. I learned to use FCP better. I also learned how to add layer affects in PhotoShop. This project taught my group and I how to be more responsible and be more committed to our work and projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment