Monday, May 23, 2016

Music Video Finale

P2T5 Sorry from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.

The latest project my G.T class is working on is a music video!! Sadly it's the last project of the year, so you won't be seeing me for a while. This project means it's going be be FUN. The song my team and I chose was Sorry by Justin Bieber. We had to make sure our video was school appropriate so instead of a love song we chose a body boarding song. We chose a body boarding song because in the music video one of my teammates breaks a body board and one of the song lyrics is "I'm missing more the just your body" and as you can see that's not so school appropriate. So it's about Cody missing his BODY board. The twist is that he actually broke Malia's body board so he's apologizing to Malia, while missing the body board. It relates to our song because Cody is apologizing to Malia for breaking her board, Malia doesn't want to forgive him but ends up forgiving him in the end. Before she forgives him Cody stops at nothing to come up with an apology. 

To attract our viewers we used fast-edit montages. My favorite fast edit montage in the music video was when Malia was on the body boarding. First we had lip sync and the background was Malia on the board when the lip sync stopped it was Malia on the board coming towards the camera. After it goes to cody on the sand. It's my favorite fast-edit montage because it looks great and it's only took us about 2 minutes to edit it. I think it really ties together our video of Malia having a good time and Cody having a bad time. We also tried matching the beat of the song to the visual representation of Malia. The beat dropped so it was a pumped up beat and Malia was on her board catching waves so I think it matched the scene pretty well.

This music video showcases are best work because of the iMovie and photoshop techniques that we've learned over the school year. It showcases are photoshop techniques because we are making a photoshop cover photo that shows what we've learned wile using photoshop. The first project we did this school year was a personal manifesto. We plan on cutting out a picture of cody with a broken board and putting the song title "Sorry" in the back and use kerning. Kerning represents that personal manifesto because we had to kern our words and letter so that it could perfectly place the manifesto. 




                                   Sorry By Justin Bieber 


Ooh, ooh

Ooh, ooh


You gotta go and get angry at all of my honesty
You know I try but I don't do too well with apologies
I hope I don't run out of time, could someone call a referee?

'Cause I just need one more shot at forgiveness
I know you know that I made those mistakes maybe once or twice
By once or twice I mean maybe a couple a hundred times
So let me, oh let me redeem, oh redeem, oh myself tonight'
Cause I just need one more shot at second chances

Yeah, is it too late now to say sorry?
'Cause I'm missing more than just your body
Oh, is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?

I'll take every single piece of the blame if you want me to
But you know that there is no innocent one in this game for two
I'll go, I'll go and then you go, you go out and spill the truth
Can we both say the words and forget this?
Yeah, is it too late now to say sorry?
'Cause I'm missing more than your body








No comments:

Post a Comment