Friday, September 2, 2016

Poetic Personal Statement

Well I'm back!! Sadly summers over but I'm happy to be back in G.T. I think poetry can be personal because the writer can make a poem about how they're feeling or they can write about an experience. I think poetry gives the writer a chance to express themselves. Writers can also make it personal by writing thing that they see and their perspective of their everyday life. Poems can be used as a personal statement by putting "My" in front of every sentence. It can also relate to the readers personal experience.  Writers can make poems personal by also creating a poems that people want to do or have done. 


Poetic Statement:
Fulfilling my dreams by any means 
Playing on the field after every injury
Just hoping that it's healed, out of my misery 
Playing with my heart and not my head 
Being more heart spread 
Day by day I'll get better 
No matter what they say 
Just hoping I get the letter
I got into a college with soccer scholarship
Maybe my family will flip


I used rhyme and rhythm by using words that had the same ending that matched my topic. I used rhythm by going in order of what I want to happened  in my future. I used rhythm and rhyme to make my poem flow nicer. I used short and long sentences in my poem so it's easier to read and so that it makes my poem more entertaining. I used rhythm and rhyme because I wanted my poem to be fun and easy so that my viewers can enjoy reading my poem. My poem is about roping so it was hard to find rhyming words that matched my theme, I then found words that went smoothly with my picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment